Pruning of the Old Vine, the oldest vine in the world
Tradition, Viticulture, and Friendship.
The pruning of the vine is one of the most important practices in the vineyard because it has a direct impact on the growth of the vine and the grape harvest. But pruning of the Old Vine is also a significant ceremonial event; on this occasion, the city of Maribor donates the scions of the Old Vine to its partner cities, communities and countries all over the world.
Recipiens of the Old Vine Scions 2020
- The municipality Podlehnik
- The municipality Rogaška Slatina and Association of winegrowers Rogaška
- Ethnographic Society Tržec
- Funeral company Maribor
- Slovenian associazione agricoltori of Trieste, Italy
- Slovenian Home, Bazovica Cultural and Educational Society, Rijeka, Croatia
- The European order of the wine knights, City Leoben, Austria
- The City of Harkiv, Ukraine