March 9th, 2019: The vine gets a new hairdo
It was time again when we gave our Vine a trim. We capitalise “Vine” of course; it still grows in Lent, Maribor despite numerous disasters and other events that it has witnessed. And it is still growing upright and full of life.
The Vine’s new hairdo happened on Saturday, March 9rd. Many visitors were already asking a month prior to the event about when our city vinedresser will be pruning her. Of course, everybody was also interested in how they could get their hands on one of her grafts.There are always many phone calls, e-mails, and visits to the Old Vine House ... people really like her. They appreciate and respect her and want just a small fraction of her for their very own garden or their vineyard.
Recipiens of the Old Vine Scions 2019
1. The municipality Ravne na Koroškem
2. The municipality and parish Razkrižje
3. Harness club Ljutomer
4. Society of winegrowers Ribnica na Dolenjskem
1. The municipality Osijek, Croatia
2. National Park Inuyama by the Kiso river, Japan
3. Museum vineyard, Stetten im Remstal by Stuttgart, Germany
4. Szentgotthárd / Monotheter, Hungary