The Old Vine House
The Old Vine House is an old medieval house, on the façade of which grows the oldest vine in the world. It is located in the Old Town centre along the Drava river where it gets an abundance of sun, something that feels nice for vine and visitors alike. Entry into it leads you to a rich world of wine, including the stories of the persistence of the oldest vine in the world.
Warning: do not be fooled by the size of the house - it is not big, but to an open imagination, it has a lot to offer!
To experience the Old Vine House
The house is a space dedicated to all visitors of the respectable lady, The Old Vine. We invite all our city’s citizens to come for a visit because truly the Old Vine in Maribor and its House is something that you must see and experience. The house is especially attractive to those lovers of good wine and for all who can relate to the cultivating of a vine, wine making, and the preservation of outstanding Styrian wine-growing heritage - whether as a professional or just as an amateur.
A small visitor centre with a large offering
- Guided tours and winery - a remarkable range of excellent wines from the Styrian winegrowing region in Slovenia.
- Souvenirs and gifts – a gift shop with a wide selection of high quality original and unique gifts.
- Tourist Information Centre offers information and advice for your Maribor vacation.
- Exhibitions - Ethnological wealth.
- Space rental.
- Doors are open all year long; free entrance.